Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
formerly: Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission (OMPADEC)
Details of Work Done:
- We carried out an information technology assessment of the commission in the head office and the nine state offices and made appropriate recommendations to correct the observed weaknesses.
- Development of Information and Communication Technology master plan to integrate existing LAN infrastructure at two locations (Headquarters and the Annex) to other locations
- Preparation of Operations Manual for all the directorates of the Commission; directorates like Planning, Research & Statistics and Management Information System has more than one manual prepared. Another of such Directorate is Education, Health and Social Services where three different manuals were prepared, one for each department.
- Conducted an Implementation workshop on the manuals for all the Directorates
- The computerization of the defunct OMPADEC consisted of the selection, acquisition, installation and implementation of a LAN along with six Accounting application modules at their Head Office in Port Harcourt as well as seven other state offices. Over 50 Compaq PCs were linked up from three separate buildings in their Port Harcourt head office.
- There was a maintenance/support contract signed and valued at 18% of original equipment composite price including cost of software applications.
- Preparation of accounts